3D Game Artist
Become a 3D Game Artist
Are you passionate about games and virtual reality? Do you enjoy working on a wide variety of 3D art specializations such as characters, environment, lighting, effects, and animation? Are you always interested in learning new skills and tackling interesting challenges? Then you might be our next 3D Game Artist!
Who are we?
Enversed Studios, a creative game studio based in Eindhoven, and frontrunner in the field of virtual reality and other immersive media. We’re growing rapidly and are continuously widening our horizons. Thanks to the power of game technology, we develop and innovate within a wide range of industries. From high-end entertainment experiences to virtual training courses and simulations. With projects from all around the world, we keep on innovating our techniques by tailoring each project (games, trainings, simulations, and visualizations) to our clients’ wishes.
What will you be doing?
As a 3D artist within one of our game development teams, you will be working in close collaboration with other artists and programmers to deliver art assets of all different types. While we do not expect you to be fully trained in all art specialization, you will be expected to work on a wide range of different types of assets. We also highly value our employees learning new skills, meaning you will be given ample opportunity to pick up skills in other art specializations!
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating art assets in Autodesk Maya or Blender
- Implementing and creating art assets in Unreal Engine
- Giving feedback on art assets created by other artists in your team
- Designing elements of the project in collaboration with all team members based on concept documents
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with demonstrable skills in the creation of 3D assets who has a broad range of art skills and is always willing to learn more. You should be interested in working on different types of projects and able to weigh perceived quality by the client against the time it would cost to further improve an asset.
At minimum we expect you to:
- Eye for core artistic principles including colour, composition, structure and perspective
- Experience modeling 3D assets
- Experience creating texture through the PBR-workflow
- Experience with Autodesk Maya/Blender
- Basic knowledge of Unreal Engine (or ability to quickly learn this)
- Written and verbal skills in English
You’ll also require either or both:
- HBO bachelor or similar in Creative Media, Game development or 3D Art
- Industry experience as character artist, 3D modeler, environment artist, or similar
Finally, you’ll be a step ahead of the competition with:
- Knowledge and understanding of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and/or other immersive media
- Experience in technical art, scripting, Unreal Blueprints, or a programming language
- Experience in game design or bringing a game from concept to release
What do you get?
Above all, you will get the opportunity to learn and do the things you love most about 3D art. You can learn by contributing to a wide variety of projects, by following courses or by working on self-proposed R&D projects. With the help of your co-workers, you’ll grow into the role that suits you best.
On top of that, you can expect:
- A full-time job with (initially) a 7-month contract with prospects of a contract of indefinite duration.
- A place in a tight-knit team that values cooperation, mutual appreciation and humor.
- Regular get-togethers with your co-workers, sometimes at our VR experience centre.
- Flexibility in when and where you work. You’re allowed to partially work from home.
Our projects would be nothing without the great visuals created by our artists. Every day they go the extra mile to give our clients jaw-dropping sensations. Are you a multiskilled talent by heart and a 3D artist by choice? Send us your portfolio today and we will prepare your desk tomorrow!
Job Type: Full-time