Gameplay Programmer (UE4)
Become a Gameplay Programmer
Are you passionate about games and interaction? Do you have development, programming, design or similar skills? And are you motivated to use those to create games, tools and apps? Then you might be our next Gameplay Programmer!
Who are we?
Enversed Studios, a creative game studio based in Eindhoven, and frontrunner in the field of virtual reality and other immersive media. We’re growing rapidly and are continuously widening our horizons. Thanks to the power of game technology, we develop and innovate within a wide range of industries. From high-end entertainment experiences to virtual training courses and simulations. With projects from all around the world, we keep on innovating our techniques by tailoring each project (games, trainings, simulations, and visualizations) to our clients’ wishes.
What will you be doing?
Your focus as Gameplay Programmer will be creating gameplay features within networked environments using UE4 Blueprints. But, you will also be expected to assist in the design of the project as a whole. We highly value our employees learning new skills, meaning you will be given ample opportunity to pick up skills in multiple other specializations!
Your role isn’t set in stone. We’ll help you specialize in the aspects of game development that you’re most passionate about.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Participating in the design of projects
- Creating game mechanics with Unreal Engine Blueprints
- Creating supporting systems, such as development tools and distribution systems
- Implementing assets in Unreal Engine
- Reviewing programming/artwork created by your team members
- Closely collaborating with developers of other specializations
- Contributing ideas towards all aspects of a project’s production and development
Who are you?
You might be an experienced programmer, or maybe you’ve recently graduated in computer science, game development, or game design. Or you’re someone with other relevant skills in development, programming or design. Either way, you’re passionate about making games and interactive experiences, and want to specialize and grow into your role as Gameplay Programmer.
At minimum we expect you to:
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Blueprint scripting
- Experience with replication programming
- Ability to deliver clean and structured code
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies and techniques
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Good written and verbal skills in English
You’ll also require either or both:
- An HBO Bachelor or similar in Game Development, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Design, or similar fields.
- Work experience as programmer, app developer, web developer, industrial designer, product designer, or similar.
Finally, you’ll be a step ahead of the competition with:
- Knowledge and understanding of gameplay systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and/or other immersive media
- Experience with multiple programming languages (C++ and Python)
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers
What do you get?
Above all, you will get the opportunity to learn and do the things you love most about game development. You can learn by contributing to a wide variety of projects, by following courses or by working on self-proposed R&D projects. With the help of your co-workers, you’ll grow into the game development role that suits you best.
On top of that, you can expect:
- A full-time job with (initially) a 7-month contract with prospects of a contract of indefinite duration.
- A place in a tight-knit team that values cooperation, mutual appreciation and humor.
- Regular get-togethers with your co-workers, sometimes at our VR experience centre.
- Flexibility in when and where you work. You’re allowed to partially work from home.
Our projects would be nothing without our development team. Every day they go the extra mile to give our clients jaw-dropping sensations. Are you a multiskilled talent by heart and a Gameplay Programmer by choice? Apply today and we will prepare your desk tomorrow!
Job Type: Full-time